1 majestic in manner or bearing; superior to mundane matters; "his majestic presence"; "olympian detachment"; "olympian beauty and serene composure" [syn: olympian]
2 having or displaying great dignity or nobility; "a gallant pageant"; "lofty ships"; "majestic cities"; "proud alpine peaks" [syn: gallant, lofty, proud]
3 belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler; "golden age of imperial splendor"; "purple tyrant"; "regal attire"; "treated with royal acclaim"; "the royal carriage of a stag's head" [syn: imperial, purple, regal, royal]
- /məˈdʒɛstɪk/, /m@"dZEstIk/
Majestic may refer to:
- Majestic (video game), an alternate reality video game
- The Majestic, a 2001 film starring Jim Carrey
- Majestic Theatre, a Broadway theatre in New York City
- Cutler Majestic Theatre, a historic performing arts center at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts
- Mr. Majestic, a WildStorm Comics superhero
- Majestic Records, a mid-20th century record label
- Majestic, an album by Gamma Ray.
- The main antagonist of 50 Cent's movie, Get Rich or Die Tryin'
- The Majestic (building), a housing cooperative at 115 Central Park West in New York City
- The Majestic, Singapore, a former theatre in Singapore
- any of four ships named HMS Majestic, including
- RMS Majestic, an ocean liner launched in 1914 as the Bismarck''
- SS Majestic (1890), a White Star Line passenger vessel built by Harland and Wolff and in service between 1890 and 1914.
- Majestic a riverboat / theater in Cincinnati, Ohio on the National Register of Historic Places
- Majestic Wines is a chain of stores selling Alcoholic beverages in the United Kingdom, owned by John Apthorp.
- Majestic 12, or Majic 12, supposedly a secret committee formed in 1947 to investigate UFO activity, origin of The Majestic Documents
- Majestic Realty Co., a Southern California real estate company
- Operation Majestic, a plan for the invasion of Japan during World War II
- A large balloon owned by aviation pioneer Patrick Young Alexander
- A project called Majestic 12 to build a Distributed web crawling engine. The project includes a search engine.
majestic in German: Majestic
majestic in Dutch: Majestic
majestic in Polish: Majestic
Babylonian, Corinthian, affected, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing, all-wise, almighty, aristocratic, arrogant, august, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, barbaric, boundless, ceremonious, changeless, courtly, creating, creative, deluxe, dignified, disdainful, distinguished, dynastic, elaborate, elegant, elevated, eminent, eternal, eternally the same, everlasting, exalted, extravagant, famous, fancy, fine, glorious, godlike, good, grand, grandiose, grave, hallowed, haughty, heroic, high, highest, holy, immortal, immutable, imperatorial, imperatorious, imperial, imperious, imposing, impressive, infinite, inspiring, just, kinglike, kingly, lauded, limitless, lofty, lordly, loving, luminous, luxurious, magisterial, magnanimous, magnificent, making, merciful, monarchal, monarchial, monarchic, monarchical, monumental, moving, noble, numinous, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, one, palatial, permanent, perpetual, plush, pompous, posh, princelike, princely, prominent, proud, purple, queenlike, queenly, radiant, regal, renowned, ritzy, royal, sacred, sedate, serious, shaping, soaring, sober, solemn, sovereign, splendacious, splendid, splendiferous, stately, statuesque, striking, sublime, sumptuous, superb, supercilious, superfancy, superfine, superior, supreme, swank, swanky, swell, timeless, towering, ubiquitous, unbounded, unchanging, undefined, unlimited, venerable, weighty, worthy